Terms & Conditions
1. By signing this contract you declare that you are the registered owner or an agent authorized by the owner to make arrangements for shipping the owner's vehicle(s) (Hereinafter referred to as Client or Shipper) with M&R Auto Transport (hereinafter referred to as M&R AUTO TRANSPORT).
2. M&R Auto Transport will arrange the transportation of the Client's vehicle(s) with a carrier (hereinafter referred to as Carrier) selected by M & R Auto Transport in accordance with the information provided by the Client.
3. This order is subject to the terms and conditions of published tariffs and the uniform Bill of Lading of the Carrier transporting your vehicle. The driver will provide this information at the time of the vehicle pick up.
4. In the event that the Carrier is unable to reach the specified pick up or delivery location (due to street size, legal restrictions, low hanging trees/branches, bridges, power lines, cables or other restrictions), the Client agrees to meet the Carrier at a mutually convenient and accessible location.
5. The Client authorizes M & R Auto Transport, the Carrier, and their employees to operate the Client's vehicle during pick up and delivery or during transit, if necessary.
6. If at the time you place your order, you neglect to state that your vehicle is inoperable (either the vehicle cannot be driven on and off the Carrier using it's own power or the vehicle brakes are insufficient to stop the vehicle or for any other reason the vehicle is inoperable), an additional fee in the amount of $200 will be added to the balance due and will be collected by the Carrier prior to vehicle release at the time of delivery. This fee will also apply if your vehicle becomes inoperable during transit, (through no fault of the Carrier). Additionally, in the event that we are not informed of the correct model, type of vehicle(s), or modifications to the vehicle(s) - including racks, extensions, oversize tires and the like, an additional fee in the amount of $300.00 will be added to the balance due and will be collected by the Carrier prior to the release of the vehicle(s) at the time of delivery. Please provide accurate information at the time of your quote request so that we may be able to provide you with an accurate quote for shipping your vehicle. If the information provided is inaccurate and the Carrier is unable to accommodate the shipment of your vehicle(s), you will forfeit your deposit. If your vehicle(s) is unavailable for pick up by the Carrier as scheduled, an additional charge in the amount of $100.00 will be added to your shipment.
7. Federal regulation prohibits the transport of household goods by carriers. Carriers are subject to inspection by the DOT and the Police at every state line and can be fined up to $10,000 if found to be carrying household goods. We ask that no personal property shall be transported in Clients vehicle (s) that includes but is not limited to explosives, guns, ammunition, flammable products, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, live plants, live pets, money, furs, jewelry or any unlawful contraband. M & R AUTO TRANSPORT and Carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If such items are in the vehicle, then such items become the sole responsibility of the Client. Should damages occur or fines levied, said fines or damage is Clients responsibility. If you place personal items in your car you will be subject to additional fees at the carrier's discretion.
8. The Client is responsible for preparing the vehicle for transport by removing or securing all loose parts, batteries, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, antennas, fog lights and other similar items. Any part that may fall off during transit is the Client's responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
9. The Client agrees to disarm any vehicle(s) alarm system and provide the Carrier with any tools or keys necessary to disarm the system if it should become activated during transit. If during transit the alarm system is activated due to the Client's failure to provide the said tools or keys for disarming the alarm system, the Carrier may deactivate the alarm system by any means that the Carrier deems reasonable and effective. The Client releases M & R AUTO TRANSPORT and the Carrier from any claims for damages that are caused by the Client's failure to fulfill these obligations.
10. The Department of Transportation requires that all outstanding freight charges be paid without deduction before your vehicle is taken off the truck. In the event that damages should occur, the Client must first pay all COD's due the Carrier in order to initiate a claim. The Client further agrees not to seek to charge back a credit card or stop payment a check to offset any dispute for damage claims. The Client must note on the Bill of Lading any damages, in detail, and both the Client and the Carrier must sign and date the Bill of Lading, regardless of weather conditions or time of day.
11. M & R AUTO TRANSPORT and the Carrier must be notified of any damages by phone within 24 hours. The Client must submit the claim in writing along with pictures and estimates to the Carrier within 15 days of delivery. All claims for damage must be taken up directly with the Carrier. The Carrier is liable for any and all damages. M & R AUTO TRANSPORT will assist the Client with all necessary carrier information such as name, address, phone number and other pertinent disclosure.
12. Signing the Bill of Lading at the destination point without notating vehicle damage will be evidence of satisfactory delivery of the vehicle(s). We highly recommend that you thoroughly inspect your vehicle at the time of pick up and delivery before signing off on the Bill of Lading.
13. Pick up and delivery times are only estimates of normal deliveries. Delays may occur due to weather, road conditions, traffic, mechanical problems and other factors. Neither M & R AUTO TRANSPORT nor the Carrier will guarantee delivery of the vehicle(s) for any particular market or event, and will not be responsible for loss or damages occasioned by unavoidable delays. Neither M & R AUTO TRANSPORT nor the Carrier makes guarantees, either expressed or implied, regarding delivery times or dates. Neither M & R AUTO TRANSPORT nor the Carrier will be held responsible for rental fees or any accommodation fees.
14. In the event that the Carrier attempts to reach the Client within a reasonable time frame (3-24 hours before delivery), and the Client is unavailable or cannot be reached at the phone numbers provided, or does not have the COD for the Carrier, then the vehicle(s) will be dropped off at the nearest terminal at the Carrier's discretion. All COD, storage, terminal fees and any extra charges are to be made payable to the Carrier in the form of Cash, Cashier's check, or postal Money Order before the vehicle can be released by the terminal.
15. The Client is free to cancel the order at anytime without penalty as long as a Carrier has not been assigned. If your vehicle is assigned to a Carrier prior to receiving your cancellation by email or fax, you will loose your deposit. All cancellation requests must be made in writing. Any changes to your vehicle information or pick up/delivery information must also be made in writing.
16. All subrogation, litigation or legal action against M & R AUTO TRANSPORT must have right of venue in the State of California , City of Tustin .
17. By signing this contract and/or placing your order on line (or by phone) the Client agrees to all Terms and Conditions set forth by M & R AUTO TRANSPORT.
M & R AUTO TRANSPORT LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
M & R AUTO TRANSPORT nor Carrier SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
(THESE EXCLUSIONS ARE ALL STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICES OF THE AUTO TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY)
1. Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location, therefore M & R AUTO TRANSPORT or Carrier do not accept responsibility for them.
2. Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
3. Damage to car phones or antennas under any condition. (M & R AUTO TRANSPORT suggests that they be removed)
4. Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory, including antennas that do not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
5. Damage or fines incurred because Shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
6. Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway or from the sky.
7. Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
8. Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
9. Damage caused by vandalism during transport.
10. Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
11. Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
12. Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie-down holes.
Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power (Vehicle is inoperative or has lost its braking system).